A smile is the best accessory one could wear, but what happens when you have missing teeth? Thankfully, dental implants are available to restore the beauty and functionality of your smile. At Mace Dental Group in Washington, Missouri, we provide All-on-4 dental implants! This innovative dental treatment is gaining popularity as a solution to restoring a full set of teeth in a single session. This blog post will explore All-on-4 dental implants, including their benefits and the procedure steps. So, let’s dive in!
What are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are prosthetic teeth that are supported by four implants. These implants are placed strategically in the jawbone to support a full arch of replacement teeth. This approach ensures a stable foundation for the prosthetic teeth and minimizes the need for multiple implants if you are missing several teeth. The implants are made of titanium, a biocompatible material that fuses with the natural bone, resulting in a solid and reliable foundation for the prosthetic teeth.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
The benefits of All-on-4 dental implants are countless:
- Improved appearance: They provide a natural-looking smile that can boost your confidence and enhance your appearance. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, restoring your smile and boosting confidence.
- Enhanced functionality: Because dental implants are fused to your jawbone, they function like your natural teeth; they improve your ability to eat and speak correctly, as the stability of the prosthetic teeth allows for better chewing and pronunciation.
- Long-lasting results: All-on-4 dental implants are a long-term solution to missing teeth, with most patients enjoying their implants for a lifetime.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants help preserve bone density and prevent bone loss while promoting healthy oral hygiene habits.
All-on-4 Dental Implant Procedure
Customizing Your Treatment Plan
They’ll then take X-rays, impressions, and scans of your mouth to create a customized treatment plan.
The implant placement procedure is conducted under local anesthesia or IV sedation, depending on your preference. Dr. Mace or Dr. Hinkl will make a small incision in your gums and insert the implants into your jawbone, positioning them for optimal stability. After this, they’ll fit temporary prosthetic teeth onto the implants until your mouth heals and the implants fuse with the bone.
All-on-4 Dental Implant Aftercare
Following the implant placement, you must follow a strict postoperative care protocol to ensure proper healing.
- Oral Hygiene Care: Ensure you are properly brushing your teeth twice daily, flossing daily, and using mouthwash to help further rid of any bacteria. By taking proper care of your smile, you can ensure your smile stays healthy and heals correctly.
- Diet: Avoid eating hard foods after the procedure, as these can damage your new dental implants.
- Avoiding Activities: Do not smoke or chew tobacco after a dental implant. Not only is it bad for your health, but it is also bad for your dental implants.
After a few months, your dentist will replace the temporary prosthetic teeth with permanent ones designed to match your natural teeth in size and color.
While dental implants are suitable for most patients, certain factors may impact your eligibility, such as gum disease, a weakened immune system, and chronic illnesses like diabetes. It’s important to discuss any concerns you may have with Dr. Mace or Dr. Hinkl to determine if dental implants are an ideal option for you.
All-on-4 Dental Implants in Washington, Missouri
All-on-4 dental implants offer a convenient, long-lasting, and cost-effective solution to missing teeth. They provide numerous benefits, such as natural-looking teeth, improved speech and chewing abilities, and a boost in self-esteem. The actual implant placement procedure is straightforward and requires minimal recovery time. If you’re missing multiple teeth and looking for a full-mouth restoration solution, All-on-4 dental implants may be the right choice.
Please schedule a consultation with us at Mace Dental Group today! We also offer cosmetic dentistry in Washington, Missouri, and much more!